St. Joseph Catholic School offers preschool through 8th grade curriculum. Our mission is to provide a well-rounded, faith-based curriculum that promotes the academic, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical development of each child in a safe and nurturing environment.
- To provide academic programs which meet the needs of our students
- To challenge and encourage each student to develop to their potential
- To encourage students to experience and accept consequences for their decisions
- To develop an awareness and appreciation for each person’s talents and abilities
- To develop an awareness and responsibility for the world in which they live
- To develop the willingness to serve others who are in need
- To teach and practice respect for life in all of its forms
- To encourage development of a healthy self-concept
- To provide an environment where students feel safe, valued, and loved
- To encourage students to deal with their emotions in a healthy Christian way
- To provide instruction and example in living out the Catholic way of life
- To provide an environment for the development of Gospel values
- To provide opportunities for participation in prayer and Liturgical celebration
- To develop motor skills and coordination
- To provide instruction to increase fitness at each stage of physical development
- To provide activities that promotes exercise and joy to the participants
SCHOOL WELLNESS PLAN
St. Joseph Catholic School is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity. Click on the file below to read about St. Joseph School’s wellness plan.
St. Joseph Catholic School is fully accredited by both the Illinois State Board of Education and the Diocese of Belleville.